This page has moved to a new address.

Feeling the lurve

Peaches & Maple: Feeling the lurve

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Feeling the lurve

 Happy Valentine's Day!
 I know that V-Day is supposed to be about all the va-va-voom kind of romance, but honestly, I'm such a cheap date that just this heart and shell garland Husband bought for me is enough to make me love him a whole lot - and he didn't even give it to me for Valentine's Day, he bought it a while ago, just because.
 For me, it's not about big, grand gestures of undying devotion.
It's about being able to share a glance and a grin in a crowd and just know that we found the same thing amusing.
It's about having a big ol' fight which results in trying to give each other the silent treatment and only lasting maybe 15 minutes because we're useless at not talking to each other.
It's about cracking each other up with laughter every single day, without fail.
It's about giving each other huge bear hugs, whether we're happy or sad or sick, whether we're greeting each other or saying good bye or just hanging out.
It's about knowing that when we sit down together after the kids have gone to bed tonight and share our traditional box of Valentine's Day chocolates and watch a DVD, that that does not make our relationship predictable or boring, but it's one of the things that makes it special. 
 How will you be feeling the lurve this Valentine's Day - but let's keep it g-rated okay? ; )))
Cas x 

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 13, 2013 , Blogger Scandi Coast Home said...

well said Cas......beautiful words and sentiment.
T xx

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

Just tellin it from the heart ;)
C x

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2013 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post Cas... I too can't go long with the silent treatment -I'd rather go and have a good ol fight get it all out of our system and then go back to 'normal '. Today I being wined and dined for lunch -Stuart has been working crazy hours of late so this will be nice timeout for just us! Bring it on !! Enjoy your day and what DVD are you going to watch ? Xx

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2013 , Blogger Michelle Lisle said...

Hi Cas, well we don't celebrate Valentines day as our anniversary is the day before and that's more special to us because without each other I think we'd both be miserable hehe...however like you guys we don't last at giving the silent treatment either...I start out all I'm not saying a word but then I cave and open my mouth...I just prefer to talk things out and get it all on the table then you know where you stand and you can get on with things.......So for us tonight will prob just be another usual Thursday night only in bed earlier these days since Francis came along.....xo

 
At Wednesday, February 13, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

Our Valentine's Day went out the window 6 years ago when a certain girl arrived 6 weeks early on Valentine's Day, so now we celebrate a birthday instead- but I did get hubby some choccies and a rose, waiting to see what he brings me home from his trip into town this afternoon!
Glad you were able to get a new blog up and running- I missed all the drama- what happened?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home