This page has moved to a new address.

A hot cross week

Peaches & Maple: A hot cross week

Wednesday 6 March 2013

A hot cross week

I think I'm just having one of those weeks.
You know the ones. 
On Monday I got through the weekly grocery shopping in record time, only to find my card had expired and had to make a half hour round trip to my nearest bank branch to pay in cash. 
Tuesday gave us the first blue sky we've had in over a week and as I walked out the door to pick up the kids I vaguely thought about taking the umbrella with me, decided not to and got utterly drenched at the school gate. 
Yesterday I swear it took my three times as long as it should have to get through two chapters in my psych textbook, because it felt as though my head was stuffed with rocks. After a monumental effort, I worked through all the exercises, only to realise that I'd been working on the wrong module. 
And today it was hot cross buns.
After deciding that the world can just bite my jiggly white ass, I allowed myself a mental health day. And hot cross buns. With miles too much butter.
I dropped the kids off, went to the bakery and grabbed six fat hot cross buns, came home and put on the kettle. I sliced a bun in half and popped it on a tray, chucked it in the oven and tried to light the grill with the clicker. No dice. So I rummaged through the bottom drawer looking for matches and, surprised at my luck, found some extra long bbq ones and tried again. Success! But as soon as I let go of the oven knob, the flame died. So I tried again. And again. And again. 
I guess these things really boil down to how much you want that hot cross bun. And I wanted it. Real. Bad. 
So I tried again. And again. And then I realised in a conflicted moment of  incandescent joy and deep irritation that you have to light both sides of the element! Aha!
So I finally got my hot cross bun and as I typed the first few sentences of this post I was happily absorbing its buttery goodness, giggling at what a complete doofus I am. I was feeling pretty good. 
Until I looked out the window and spotted my dog digging up our newly planted hedge.
Crap.

Do you think it would be okay if I just wrote this week off as a bad job and went back to bed until the weekend? ; P

What do you do when you having a bad day/week?

Cas x

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 06, 2013 , Blogger Angels have Red Hair said...

I'm having one of those weeks too...I think heading back to bed till the weekend sounds like a sterling idea :0)

 
At Wednesday, March 06, 2013 , Blogger Hip Brown said...

Yes your allowed Cas, go on! Must have been a hot cross bun week! Such an easy peasey lunch, love them! but never feel great after eating them?? Hope next week is much better hon! xx

 
At Thursday, March 07, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love toasted hot cross buns- I thought you were going to tell us you burnt them!
Take tomorrow off and have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home