This page has moved to a new address.

The dining room

Peaches & Maple: The dining room

Friday 15 March 2013

The dining room

Our dining room is really teensy, more of a nook than a room if we're being perfectly honest. It sits in between the kitchen and the hallway and it's the room you see first as you walk in the front door. Strangely enough this is the room that has received the most furniture removal so far in my mission to declutter and simplify. I had something on every wall in here and you could barely walk through! Enough was enough, it had to be pared back to the essentials - table, chairs, crockery cabinet and ladder : P
I remember thinking how bare it looked when we first saw the house, when it looked like this....
....but I think the previous owners may have been on to something by not cramming too much furniture into the space. 
Making mistakes is all part of the learning experience though, luckily for me because I tend to make a lot ;))
Feel free to let me know what you think :)

Cas x

Today I'm partying with 
Natasha and 
Tania
Come join the fun!

8 Comments:

At Thursday, March 14, 2013 , Blogger Hip Brown said...

So much light and loveliness Cas. Love your pastels! Hope your having a great week hon. R xx

 
At Thursday, March 14, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your cabinet and the whole look you have going on, the little pops of blue are gorgeous!

 
At Thursday, March 14, 2013 , Blogger Rasonda @ East Conolly Cottage said...

So fresh and pretty

 
At Thursday, March 14, 2013 , Blogger Desire Empire said...

Ah that is so pretty and what an improvement since you purchased the house.
Carolyn

 
At Friday, March 15, 2013 , Blogger Scandi Coast Home said...

I always do that too Cas......clutter up and then strip back.
I do it with my house too ;O)
It looks lovely......very welcoming and calm.
Tania xx

 
At Friday, March 15, 2013 , Blogger beachcomber said...

so cute! i love the mix of chairs and the cabinet in there.
what a difference blue and white makes.
x

 
At Saturday, March 16, 2013 , Blogger Rhonda said...

Great job! I love it!!! It looks amazing!

Rhonda :-)
http://ablissfulspirit.blogspot.com

 
At Saturday, March 16, 2013 , Blogger Catherine said...

I love the shelf with pops of blue, just so lovely. I need more open shelves like that :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home