This page has moved to a new address.

Leaf theif

Peaches & Maple: Leaf theif

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Leaf theif


The best thing about needing to lose weight is the wonderful people you meet while you're out walking. Some of you who follow me on Facebook may already know that my beloved philodendron xanadu, Phil, has been feeling a bit under the weather lately so he's been relocated outside for the moment for a bit of plant R & R - which roughly translates to a good drying out from being overwatered to within an inch of his poor little life. Hey, I never said I was a gardener! 

Phil's removal has left a bit of a hole on my front entry table and whilst I was out for my morning stroll the other day I came across a giant split leaf philodendron in one of my neighbours front gardens and I thought "oh my, my, how a couple of those huge leaves would fill Phil's hole perfectly!" As the fates would have it my lovely neighbour, a kindly elderly gentleman, was doing a spot of gardening at the time and noticed me loitering about and we got chatting. He turned out to be quite the green thumb and I told him about Phil and he gave me some great advice. Naturally I also mentioned the gap Phil had left and how great a couple of his split leaves would look there instead, hint hint, and he very generously obliged ;) And I also got to enjoy the added bonus of embarrassing my kids by a) asking a complete stranger if I could pinch some if his leaves and b) carrying around said leaves for the rest of our walk....all in all I'd say that's a pretty productive exercise session, wouldn't you?
Cas x

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 10, 2013 , Blogger Unknown said...

Very productive

 
At Wednesday, April 10, 2013 , Blogger paisleysummer said...

Great get! x

 
At Wednesday, April 10, 2013 , Blogger Scandi Coast Home said...

really lovely vignette......my love it!

 
At Wednesday, April 10, 2013 , Blogger Desire Empire said...

Very productive I love using leaves in decorating. Yours look lovely.
Carolyn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home