This page has moved to a new address.

A warm and fuzzy mothers day post

Peaches & Maple: A warm and fuzzy mothers day post

Saturday 11 May 2013

A warm and fuzzy mothers day post

To be honest I've never been real great at holding a job. I've quit several jobs on a whim, I even got fired once (totally not my fault of course), and I've burnt more bridges than I care to recall. It's not that I'm lazy - far from it - and I have tried to put it down to being a creative spirit who doesn't deal well with taking orders from 'the man', but the truth of it is that I've never worked in any job that I was really passionate about doing. Until I became a mum.
Eleven years ago Husband and I sold up our hairdressing business, he went off to uni to learn how to be an I.T. nerd (like he needed to learn anything ;p) and I became a stay at home mum. We lived very modestly in a tiny house a few blocks from the beach, our new baby didn't have all the best toys and baby accessories, but we had loads of support from both of our families (even though they all live a couple of hours away) and we were the happiest little family in the world.
A couple of years later we had our second baby girl, we still lived modestly in a different tiny house, we still didn't have the best of everything, Husband was navigating his way around his new job, I was still a stay at home mum and we still could not have been happier.
From the moment I looked down into the eyes of both my baby girls, one with hers almond shaped, blinking slowly, full of wonder, the other with hers wide, round and staring intently, unwavering, into my own, I knew that I had found my passion.  Even if I never did another thing right in my life, being a mother was something I knew I couldn't get wrong. I finally felt like I had a purpose.
Some people seem to find it hard to believe that a woman can be content at home cooking, cleaning, zhooshing around the house and looking after her family, but I can truly say that I am. Sure, there are the moments of guilt and doubt about not contributing financially, but they disappear soon enough when I really think about the many other ways I contribute. It is what I was meant to do and even though it's not a conventional job and the pay is shithouse, being a mother is the best gig I've ever had and I'm so grateful to my beautiful girls for giving me the opportunity
Happy Mothers Day to all of you mums out there - young and old, staying at home, working, working from home or homing from work, whatever - we all rock and deserve to be spoilt sick today!

Cas x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home